Sunday, August 28, 2011



The summer is coming to and end and in our house that means birthday parties. Claire turned 10 yesterday and Nicole will celebrate her 13th birthday tonight with her friends. Her actual birthday is September 1st.


I am really trying to learn the My Digital Studio program this fall. I have had it for a while but haven't really giving it a good try. I discovered some great videos on My Digital Studio.net and have watched the beginner and intermediate videos. That helped me design the invitation to Nicole's party. In it we used the stamp set extreme elements. I love the results. I had never used girly colours with this stamp set. I had always thought of it more as a boys stamp set. For the words I just opened up a text box and typed. MDS comes with text fonts but also makes use of the fonts you already have.

The colours used in the invitation are Kiwi Kiss, Not Quite Navy, So Saffron and Rich Razzleberry. We where a little stumped with the colours but new we wanted the Kiwi Kiss (green is Nicole's favourite colour) and I like Not Quite Navy with it so we went to My Create Ink and put in the colours and it gave us some choices to work with. Remember to click retired colours box if you would like to use them. A great website.


Hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!


Yours in Stampin'

Pam



No comments: